Receiving Treatment with Suboxone
Receiving Treatment with Suboxone/Subutex/Buprenorphine
The structure of Hazelden’s buprenorphine treatment program ensures the greatest probability of achieving successful recovery. Our program is based on more than twenty collective years of prescribing these medications. Most patients who have never received treatment for chemical dependency require treatment within our Intensive Outpatient Program. Many patients have already been to treatment but have found themselves trapped within cycles of relapse and struggling to detoxify on their own.
The level-of-care recommendations determined at your follow-up counseling visit are based on Federal standards for treatment of addiction. Intensive outpatient treatment (IOP) is the initial recommended level of care for anyone requiring treatment with Suboxone. This level of commitment is sometimes not possible financially. We have developed our Buprenorphine Treatment Program to provide a standard of care which can serve to support all patients receiving Suboxone.
We require a minimum weekly time commitment of 1.5 hours of group treatment because that is what works. This requirement is not negotiable. Without the structure of peer recovery support, Suboxone simply becomes a bridge medication between episodes of relapse.
- One hour evaluation with M.D.
- Arrive 1 hour early for paperwork completion. (You may also
download intake forms)
- Post-evaluation care
- If planning detoxification – 30 min with medical staff to schedule arrival time for detox.
- If already taking Suboxone – schedule Level of Care assessment with counselor.
- Choose Buprenorphine group to attend.
- Start Attending IOP or Buprenorphine Treatment Groups
- 1-2 weeks Level of Care Assessment.
- See M.D. in follow-up every month.
Please contact our office for a personal intake discussion if you have questions or to schedule your evaluation, call 503-644-7300.